Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You have heard this many, many times before. As annoying as it can get hearing the same tip all the time, it’s very, very true. Breakfast gets the day started by pumping nutrients into the body and waking the brain. Breakfast is also a good time to make healthy, nutritious foods that kick-start the body to burn fat. Here are 5 Healthy Fat Burning Breakfast Recipes you can try at home for yourself and/or for the whole family!
1 – Turkey Breakfast Sandwich with Cheddar and Guacamole
- 1 egg
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 oz. low-sodium smoked turkey breast
- 1 slice of cheese (your choice)
- Slices of tomato
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin (cut in half, toasted)
- 1 tablespoon guacamole
2 – Delicious & Filling Breakfast Burrito
- 2 egg whites
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup fat-free cheese
- 1/4 cup rinsed, cooked beans (pinto, black, or kidney)
3 – Wholesome Oatmeal with Pecans and Berries
Oatmeal is a breakfast staple that has been a part of diets across the world for decades! It is so wholesome, filling, and easy to cook. Best of all, it can be a part of many recipes – and – YOU decide the taste. Slow-digesting carbs and fiber keep you going all the way to lunch-time without a single hunger pang.
- 1 packet Quacker Instant Oatmeal (or other brand)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 blueberries
- Cook instant oatmeal in saucepan or microwave according to package instructions. Once cooked, add chopped pecans, and top with raspberries and blueberries.
4 – Smoked Salmon Toast
This delicious recipe provides fat-burning EPA/DHA thanks to the oils and fats that naturally occur in fish like salmon. This dish is so quick to make, you’ll be wanting to make it every single day of the week! You can replace the cream cheese with feta cheese, or replace chives with green onion for personal preference.
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread (toasted)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 oz. smoked salmon
- 1-2 slice(s) red onion (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
Simply spread the cream cheese on the toast, and then top with smoked salmon. Finally, add sliced red onion and chopped chives. You’re ready to eat!
5 – Raw, Natural Berry & Banana Breakfast Smoothie
Nothing makes a breakfast complete like a smoothie. Why reach for a processed smoothie full of unnatural sugars? Making smoothies at home is quick and affordable. This smoothie will provide you a with a burst of energy that will get you right out the door and ready to work! For added protein, put in a scoop of whey protein.
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
In a blender, add the banana, frozen berries, milk, and honey. Then, blend until you get the consistency of a thick milkshake. Continue to blend if you like your smoothie less thick.